Monday, October 17, 2011

Shelby x Viking @ 3 Weeks

How are these little guys 3 weeks already?! Shelby is still such a great Mom that I think I lose track! LOL!

So the little red babies are flourishing! Just in le last few days I went in to see what the comotion was, as the pups were noisy and that almost never happens. Well, doesn't it turn out that Shelby has gone back for seconds on her dinner just outside the whelping box and all four pups are seated up staring at







her crying for Mum. And me without my camera! - The evolution from crawling little hamsters to bouncing puppy has begun!!

All four pups are pretty laid back so far, though, despite being the most laid back of the crew (he let's me turn him all around and upside down - even when cutting toenails and holding him by the feet - without bothering about it, like, ever!) Viper will give me the petit growl and bark routine if I leave him on his own too long trying to get photos or such. He knows he wants his mom, and he's not afraid to tell me like a big boy does! Hemi, on the other hand scared himself yesterday by making the same noise and actually cried out in response to his own bark. LOL!! So funny to see them hear and see new things for the first time!

Mercedes is also a very chill little girl, and so far the quietest of the crew, though always in the middle of the fray. Cruiser is a big snuggler. He's content to roll belly up on a warm lap, but isn't quite so sure about holding still and taking the nail cutting like a stud..... well, let's face it, it is just like a stud - the most stoic one is usually a Dam, not a Stud. To this day the loudest yelp from a microchipping came from Viking - yep, the Big Stoic Putz; therefore I'm sticking to my original deduction that the mini-Viking look alikes are also usually just like Dad in personality as well. :)

I'm feeling the typical buds for teeth to start to come through in the next few days, so we'll see how stoic this Dam is! I'm forcasting mush by Friday. ;)

I've attached the newest of the pics (this morning) and was busy cursing (figuratively, don't worry) at my camera for it's inability to grasp and translate the beautiful red coatson these little guys.... oh, well - maybe one day I'll upgrade..... again. :(

To sum up in the words of a truly great man and close friend who is recovering from a tragic car accident this week (and so is constantly in my thoughts):
All the best anchovies and hot peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment